Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving to God

Listening to Christian Radio the last week, I've heard people say that they were thankful for friends, family, and friends and family.  When it comes to Thanksgiving, who are we thanking?  Our friends and family or God?  I hope that we as Christians first and foremost thank God for giving us Jesus - His only son, who taught us how to live, went to the cross so that our sins may be forgiven, and prepares a place for us in Heaven.  Secondly, we have many blessings to thank God for.  What I am especially thankful for this year is how God has made each of us very special.  How God has given each of us our own unique talents and gifts.  I thank God that I am with some very special people at home and at work.  Recognizing the talents and gifts in those around me and encouraging them to use their God given talents and gifts benefits the Kingdom and allows us to truly be the Body of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection on where our thanksgiving should be directed. Luke 10:20 reminded me to give thanks to God because of what he's done for me through his Son. I might do some things for God or even in his name, but I give him thanks for that, it has nothing to do about me, it's all about him. kenny joe (not from kokomo)

    ReplyDelete